Poultry science majors receive training to prepare for careers in the science and business of poultry production and for further study in various graduate programs. Students take traditional poultry courses focused on production, management, breeding, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, processing and diseases. Students can also supplement their degree with additional agribusiness and science courses to prepare them for the wide variety of positions available in the poultry industry.
2+2 Transfer Agreement - University of North Georgia
Interested in transferring from UNG's Gainesville Campus to UGA to pursue a BSA in Poultry Science? We can help!
Transfer Information - Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
Interested in transferring from ABAC to UGA to pursue a BSA in Poultry Science? We can help!
To prepare for courses to earn a poultry science degree we recommend you:
- Participate in FFA or 4-H Poultry Judging Contests
- Participate in 4-H Poultry Science Project Achievement
- Take Dual Enrollment, AP, and Honors courses in high school
- Contact us to create an admissions/transfer plan
- Attend our Open House event
- Hatchery Manager
- Breeding Supervisor
- Broiler Manager
- Complex Compliance Officer
- County Agent
- Feed Inspector
- Flock Supervisor
- Food Scientist
- Poultry Specialist
- Production Manager
- Quality Assurance Management Trainee
- Turkey Grower
- Veterinary/Professional School