For more information, please contact:
Avian Academy is an annual three-day program hosted during the summer by the Department of Poultry Science for middle and high school STEM and Vo-Ag teachers. It’s purpose is to "educate the educators" about the importance, impact, and immense job demand our state’s number one industry has by providing hands-on labs and curriculum for participants to take straight back to their classrooms. All of these learning modules are created and taught by world-renown UGA Poultry Science faculty!
When is it?
June 26-29, 2023
What are the modules?
- Review of Modern Georgia Poultry Industry & Careers
- Breed Identification, Selection, & Antiquities
- External/Internal Avian Anatomy
- Alternative Poultry Production Systems (such as backyard flocks, etc.)
- Poultry Health
- Embryology & Incubation
- Curriculum Resource Opportunities
- Processing & Further Processing
- Food Safety
- and all categories of Poultry Judging!
What does it include?
lodging, and meals are provided by the department. Participants are
responsible for their travel costs to and from Athens, and one evening
meal for an opportunity to explore Athens!
Registration is not yet open for Avian Academy 2023. For more information