Own this profile? Request changes
Ph.D. Food Science Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
M.S. Food Science, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
B.S. Dairy Technology, Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, India
Poultry processing, unit operations, poultry quality, microbiological safety, antimicrobial interventions, predictive microbiology, novel food processing technologies to improve quality and microbiological safety of fresh and processed poultry.
Research program focuses on the quality (instrumental and sensory) and microbiological safety of fresh poultry and poultry products and further processed products.
1. Li, L., J. Cepeda, J. Subbiah, G. Froning, V.K. Juneja and H. Thippareddi. 2017. Dynamic predictive model for growth of Salmonella spp. in scrambled egg mix. Food Microbiol. 64:39-46.
2. Channaiah, L.H., E.S. Holmgren, M. Michael, N.J. Sevart, D. Milke, C.L. Schwan, M. Krug, A. Wilder, R.K. Phebus, H. Thippareddi, and G. Milliken. 2016. Validation of baking to control Salmonella serovars in hamburger bun manufacturing, and evaluation of Enterococcus faecium ATCC 8459 and Saccharomyces cerevisiae as nonpathogenic surrogate indicators. J. Food Prot. 79: 544-552.
3. Sevart, N. J., N. Baumann, H. Thippareddi, T.A. Houser, J.B. Luchansky, A.C.S. Porto-Fett, D.B. Marx, G.R. Acuff, and R.K. Phebus. 2016. Evaluating the Efficacy of Three US Department of Agriculture–Approved Antimicrobial Sprays for Reducing Shiga Toxin–Producing Escherichia coli Surrogate Populations on Bob Veal Carcasses. J. Food Prot. 79: 956-962.
4. Boreddy, S.R., Thippareddi, H., Froning, G. and Subbiah, J. 2016. Novel radiofrequency‐assisted thermal processing improves the gelling properties of standard egg white powder. J. Food Sci. E665-E671.
5. Wideman, N., Bailey, M., Bilgili, S.F., Thippareddi, H., Wang, L., Bratcher, C., Sanchez-Plata, M. and Singh, M. 2015. Evaluating best practices for Campylobacter and Salmonella reduction in poultry processing plants. Poul. Sci. pev328.
6. Calle, A., A. Porto-Fett, B.A. Shoyer, J.B. Luchansky and H. Thippareddi. 2015. Microbiological safety of commercial prime rib preparation methods: thermal inactivation of Salmonella in mechanically tenderized rib eye. J. Food Prot. 78:2126-2135.
7. Mohr, T.B., Juneja, V.K., Thippareddi, H., Schaffner, D.W., Bronstein, P.A., Silverman, M. and Cook Jr, L.V. 2015. Assessing the performance of Clostridium perfringens cooling models for cooked, uncured meat and poultry products. J. Food Prot. 78:1512-1526.
8. Juneja, V., S. Mukhopadhyay, D. Ukuku, C. Hwang, V. Wu, and H. Thippareddi. 2014. Interactive effects of temperature, pH, and water activity on the growth kinetics of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O104: H4. J. Food Prot. 77:706-712.
9. Luchansky, J. B., A. C. S. Porto-Fett, B. A. Shoyer, H. Thippareddi, J. R. Amaya, and M. Lemler. 2014. Thermal inactivation of Escherichia coli O157: H7 and non-O157 Shiga toxin–producing Escherichia coli cells in mechanically tenderized veal. J. Food Prot. 77: 1201-1206.
10. Michael, M., R. K. Phebus, H. Thippareddi, J. Subbiah, S. L. Birla, and K. A. Schmidt. 2014. Validation of radio-frequency dielectric heating system for destruction of Cronobacter sakazakii and Salmonella species in nonfat dry milk. J. Dairy Sci. 97:7316-7324.